01 Dec How to Use a Shampoo Bar for a Relaxing and Purifying Experience
Washing our hair is a rejuvenating experience. Whether it’s at the dawn of the day, the end of a long night, or somewhere in between, it is an opportunity to take a much needed moment for ourselves. However, in order to fully relax and embrace the zen, we need to know the product we are using is sustainable to our planet as well. That’s why we switched to using solid shampoo bars that are inherently plastic-free and eco-friendly by reducing the need for plastic packaging.
We like The Pause and Unwind Shampoo Bar because it takes sustainability a step further by using paraben-free, sulfate-free, and phthalate-free plant-based ingredients for a “gentle to the scalp, healthy for the ocean” cleansing experience. It works on all hair types to deeply clean, condition, and soothe the scalp, strengthen roots, and maintain hair health. And because it is infused with natural oils, you might not even need conditioner.
Here’s our tips & tricks on how to use the shampoo bar for your hair-washing routine:
- First, wet the shampoo bar with warm water to create bubbles. Transfer the soapy lather onto your hair just as you would with regular shampoo.
- As you lather, breathe in the aroma of the natural scent: lavender, honey, rosemary, musk and patchouli. You may find yourself transported to another time, or another place… let your mind wander to that mystical meadow, serene field, or quiet garden.
- Gently massage your scalp with your fingertips, starting from the top of your head toward the back. To avoid breakage and knotting, rub in a consistent direction.
- As the suds work their magic, notice where you’re holding tension in your mind and body. Take a moment to clear your mind of the to-do lists and the could-have-beens. Unclench your jaw, gently roll your neck, shrug your shoulders, and relax your muscles.
- Use warm water and rinse off the foam. (Hot water may damage the hair.)
- Finally, take some deep breaths as you allow the water to wash away the old energy. When you’re ready, let your hair air-dry, or dry your hair with your chosen method.